Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Ch. 19

-Civic Arena-Pittsburgh

After their in-store appearance and performance, the guys went through their pre-performance rituals for the concert.

Trina wrote in her journal about the day and what it meant to her. The others laughed and talked to their friends. Jon sat on the couch playing an instrumental version of “Shooting Star” on his guitar.

Trina, finished with her journal entry, sat down next to him. She placed her hand underneath her chin and simply listened to him play.

He was intense, playing each string capturing every chord as if he were speaking to him.

He looked over at her. He smiled gently and continued to play.

Trina continued to listen, however her eyes diverted to his. They were calm and warm. Looking so intensely on making sure every chord and key was dead on.

She enjoyed every minute of the private performance. It was then she realized it. ‘He was perfect.’ She thought. ‘Everything that anyone could ever want their lover or friend to be. Intelligent, strong, friendly, great with his peers…Handsome.’

‘He seems so unaware of how he looks, but at the same time aware of it. How does he do that’ She continued thinking. Her thoughts went quickly back to what he had said to her at the Bower about Fighting. ‘ Thank you for reminding me to fight.’ He told her. At this point, he’s proven to everyone that he’s more than capable of doing what needs to be done. Just let him do what he wants. What was the problem?’

He finished up the song. She clapped wildly.

“Thank you.” He said softly.

She smiled warmly at him.

“Well done Mr. Bon Jovi!”

Jon put the guitar down by the side of the couch. He leaned back against the couch, feeling his body relax a bit before going onstage.

“Do you always play before a show?” She asked.

Jon nodded “No. Just felt the need to tonight after that in-store.”

“That was a good rendition of that song.” Trina said.

“Thinking about adding it to one of the set lists the leg.” He told her.

“You should.” Trina insisted.

He yawned and rubbed his eyes.

“Yeah?” he asked.

“Why not?” You encouraged me, now I’m encouraging you.” She insisted.

He took out a cough drop and popped it in his mouth. He pushed the cough drop towards one side of his cheek.

“All right. I will.” He told her.

Trina looked concerned as she saw the cough drops again. She picked up the wrapper that he placed on the table and began to play with it.

Jon watched her play with the wrapper. He was expecting her to say something, but to his surprise she didn’t. She simply put the wrapped in the garbage and smiled

Jon shook his head and snickered. ‘She’s definitely got me.’ He thought.

“Did you enjoy your first day on the job?” he asked her.

“Yeah, I did. It was fun. I’m exhausted and you all still have a show to do, but it was interesting watching you work.”

“Call me Sybil.” Jon quipped. “Well don’t because Obie does, but I like to make sure that everything in every area is going well.”

“Awww. Protector of all?” Trina asked

“Or none. Give or take the day. ” Jon teased.

He played with the cough drop in his mouth.

Trina had a stray hair falling from her face. He took his index finger and pushed it back. He looked her at with a curious look on his face.

“What?” she asked.

“How are you doing with all of this? I heard earlier today that you got pretty upset last night.”

Trina sighed. She nervously tucked her hair in the back of her ear.

“I’m better. It was just overwhelming leaving everyone and everything I knew. Kendall has been with me for 20 years. Darryl was the one who got me the job at the Post not to mention helping me prep for my tryout for my new job.”

“Understand. If this is too much-“

Trina interrupted. “Nope. It’s not. I felt better the minute we left Philly.”

“Well like you told me, you have a friend if you need one.” Jon said.

Doc opened up the door.

Time for the inmates to come out of the asylum….

4 comments:

alicefayenjbj said...

Very good. wanted to rub his vocal cords for him. Brew him some hot lemonaid and make him feel better.

Okay mother hen has left the building.

I felt the compassion she was feeling. that is good you made me feel it all.

AF

Shelly said...

Thanks AF!!

Sunstreaked said...

Another chapter that just seems to capture the whole early days experience. Trina seems to be falling for the man, while remaining a little overwhelmed at the rockstar, but that seems to be fading and the man is taking over.

I always wondered what the "inside story" was back in those days - thanks for making me feel like I'm getting it, even if this is a story!

Anonymous said...

Another great chapter!! more, please?? laura